Even as music and performing arts organizations have made efforts towards inclusion, many organizations still struggle to make their programming more diverse and equitable. By bringing together a range of stakeholders – music critics, administrators, artists, and activists – this panel seeks to examine the various cultural and structural realities that have impeded progress and explore ways of creating a blueprint for a more equitable future.
· Jeremy Eichler, Classical Music Critic, The Boston Globe
· Marti Epstein, Professor of Composition, Boston Conservatory and Berklee College of Music
· Zach Sheets, Development Director, Talea Ensemble
· Rajna Swaminathan, Improviser-Composer / PhD Candidate in Music (Creative Practice & Critical Inquiry), Harvard University
· Moderated by Todd McNeel, Media Coordinator, Boston Lyric Opera
Free and open to all who would like to attend. Desserts will be served.
Co-sponsored by Academic Ventures at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study and the Talea Ensemble.